happy new year, everyone! i hope 2013 brings you lots of happiness, success and joy!
this post is partly recap, partly looking to the future. without further adieu, let’s get on to the recap, shall we?
2012 was full of… experiences. good and bad, i have learned an awful lot about myself and what i want out of life. here are the highlights that made it a decent year for me:
- we’re in the process of buying a house. fingers crossed we get some good news in the near future
- i attended alt summit in nyc and forced myself to get out of my comfort zone
- i redesigned foxtrot press so it’s a legit blog/site (and am already thinking about updating it again, haha)
- i became a ban.do brand ambassador (yay!)
- i was featured in providence monthly
- i spoke at johnson & wales university
- i started to figure out what i really want foxtrot press to be and where i want it to go
clearly, lots of the great things happened in the last 2 months of 2012. i think it’s a telling sign of how 2013 is going to be. which leads me to my next part, all of the news i’ve been dying to share with you all!
- i’ve been asked to teach an intro to letterpress course at as220 in february! this is so exciting for me and i’m absolutely thrilled that i can relay my knowledge to other people who want to know about letterpress.
- i’m starting a new collaboration with get along and go (which i mentioned last week, i believe). i’ll be giving you more information about it come thursday!
- i’m involved with a fun project for alt summit! what i can tell you is i get to put my letterpress skills to good use… i’m really excited about this one!
- i’m getting ready to start a new series about the designer’s process. if you’re interested in participating in this, let me know and i’ll get you some details. i’m still fleshing out my idea but i’m hoping it will bring a new facet to the blog.
i’ve also decided that 2013 is going to be the year of kicking ass. i’m hoping to share a kicking ass update with you all each month about what my goals are and how i’m going about hitting those goals. so lots of inspiring content and hopefully lots of discussion with all of you, too!
what are your big goals or projects you’re excited for in 2013? who else is ready to kick ass?!